Warm Tube Clock sat v2

Sve vezano za mikrokontrolere

Moderators: pedja089, stojke369, [eDo], trax

trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Warm Tube Clock sat v2

Post by trax »

Evo i druge verzije sata: http://www.elektronika.ba/800/warm-tube ... nixie-sat/

Razlika je u tome sto se u ovoj koristi DS3231/DS3232 RTC IC.

Use this topic to discuss assembly details.

Build instructions for version v1 (old version) are here:
http://www.elektronika.ba/misc/main_board_v1.pdf
http://www.elektronika.ba/misc/shield_in-16.pdf

There are no build instructions for v2 yet, but you can follow v1 as they are very similar.

Menu manual is here:
http://www.elektronika.ba/misc/warm_tube_clock_menu.pdf
Niall

Re: Warm Tube Clock sat v2

Post by Niall »

Hello everyone, I am finally here. Getting past the anti automation question in the registration page was not easy :oops: , putting the questions through google translate gave vague translations back and my guesses were wrong for the first two sessions that I tried to register. Thanks Trax for setting up this topic, I hope it is of use to me and others who will build the clock.

So first off, my electronic skills are at a basic level, I have done a few small projects, which is how I am learning, but they were self contained, all the parts were there and I had to assemble. So forgive me for being annoying and asking stupid questions.

I used the taydaelectronics links to get many of the parts and I used the shopping list from the Warm tube clock v1 with the Franell part codes to try and figure out what was needed in the warm tube clock v2 list. A lot of the components are the same, and I have ordered most of them from either Tayda, Ebay, digi key or franell, but some I have questions about.

From the list of ceramic capacitors on the main board list, there is 1 I am unsure of.
The 0.1uF 250v, is listed as local store for its source and just typing this gives me 68 options to select from in Franell.

The resettable fuse has an ebay number listed as its source but it is no longer available, typing PTC renew resettable fuse 500mA gives 98 options and I have no idea what the other variables I should choose.

And finally the inductor sourced from coilcraft, 470... 110uH gives far too many options

If some one could help me identify the exact components needed I would be grateful,
regards,
Niall.
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

Niall wrote:From the list of ceramic capacitors on the main board list, there is 1 I am unsure of.
The 0.1uF 250v, is listed as local store for its source and just typing this gives me 68 options to select from in Franell.
You can use any of those, just make sure it is the correct voltage (around 250V) and that it can fit on the PCB. I actually never used this capacitor on my PCB so you don't need it!
Niall wrote:The resettable fuse has an ebay number listed as its source but it is no longer available, typing PTC renew resettable fuse 500mA gives 98 options and I have no idea what the other variables I should choose.
The same as for the capacitor, use any one you like, just make sure it can fit on PCB and that it is at least 500mA. If you can't find any, use small enameled speaker wire like I did.
Niall wrote:And finally the inductor sourced from coilcraft, 470... 110uH gives far too many options
I used some 330uH that I had in my miscellaneous parts box. I also tested 100uH and it worked just fine. This part value is not that critical. You can order some fr*e samples from Coilcraft to test it out :-) For example you could even try with these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-220UH-Mag ... 2a3921454e
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

Niall, have you solved all problems with your clock? :)
IP-Igor

Post by IP-Igor »

Hi! I did this project nixie clock. But I made an version v1. Can you help me? Here is my problem:... not everything works. Leds are flashing green , lamp always shows 44: XX (xx is all light instead of numbers), then changed to XX: 1, and nothing changes when you press the button. Maybe there's another firmware?

How to put video to my problem?
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

You probably didn't solder the TLC59401 chip properly. Can you re-solder the pins again with soldering-iron?
You can upload to youtube (to your account) and post the youtube link here.
IP-Igor

Post by IP-Igor »

I soldered everything well. LEDs work properly.
This is the link to my video: https://youtu.be/PVUijO9rjLM
Bipper doesn't work when you press buttons. Also clock doesn't measure the temperature. Buttons work from time to time and it's hard to understand when exactly.
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

I think that the problem is in the header-file (wt1.h). You need to find the section

Code: Select all

const char sn74141_map[] PROGMEM
and create your own "map" for Nixie tubes you are using.

I can't help you because I don't know what Nixie pin you soldered to which SN74141 pin :)

Let me know how it goes.
IP-Igor

Post by IP-Igor »

trax wrote:I think that the problem is in the header-file (wt1.h).
I think the same. My friends also said that the problem is not the right code at the entrance sn74141. That code is sent more than 9 digits.
I don't know what Nixie pin you soldered to which SN74141 pin
The most interesting thing that I connected the pin (A, B, C, D) as it is in the scheme. :) I used ATMEGA328P, TQFP package,but I connected the correct pins. The scheme was painted in DIP Trace. You have a Dip Trace? I could give you my scheme.
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

I don't have Dip Trace. Do you have AVR Studio? You should install it, and re-compile the firmware to create your own HEX file, and fix the SN74141 codes in wt1.h! That will solve all your problems.
IP-Igor

Post by IP-Igor »

trax wrote:I don't have Dip Trace. Do you have AVR Studio? You should install it, and re-compile the firmware to create your own HEX file
Yes, I have AVR Studio. But I have never written a program. :roll: I only know how to write the final software, but I'll try. If you do help me.:)
and fix the SN74141 codes in wt1.h!
I do not have this file. I have only one in the photo. Maybe that's why my clock is not working correctly? I downloaded the whole file from the site.
Photo> http://s017.radikal.ru/i433/1506/4a/52bc4db43f16t.jpg
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

You need wt1.c and wt1.h files. That is the whole program for the AVR. You need to create AVR Studio Project, and add these source files to it (create a project for ATmega328p).
When you click Compile, it will create the HEX file you need to burn into ATmega328p.

Before you click compile, you need to make changes in wt1.h file. Scroll down and you will see a "map" which is actually an array that maps SN74141 outputs to Nixie tubes. You need to re-arrange those 10 lines of code so that first index corresponds to cathode "1", and index two corresponds to cathode "2" and so on. After you finish that, you need to burn HEX into your chip. That is all!
IP-Igor

Post by IP-Igor »

You write:
trax wrote:You need wt1.c and wt1.h files.
,but I have just wt.c and wt.h files from your site .This is equivalent to?
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

Yes, yes, that is it...
Niall

Post by Niall »

trax wrote:Niall, have you solved all problems with your clock? :)
Hi Trax, just got the final stuff I ordered from Franell, next I will have to find time to start to work on the clock but I will keep the thread up dated on my progress.
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

Ok great!
IP-Igor

Post by IP-Igor »

Hi Trax. Yes, I found a place where you need to change the table of connection pins 74 141, and changed for his board. He gathered all AVR Studio 5, and when compiled, will receive an error, see the photo. How to fix it?
http://s018.radikal.ru/i526/1507/48/80aa5cd54b0ft.jpg
Maybe you can help me compile the revised file "wt.h" in their AVR Studio?
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

Your image is very very small, I can't see anything.
I will send you new firmware when I get home tonight, just in case (even though the one on website is OK).

Upload screenshot of your problem so I can see it.
IP-Igor

Post by IP-Igor »

trax wrote: Upload screenshot of your problem so I can see it.
My photo is in the archive.
Attachments
wt.rar
File with my correction 74141 map pins
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
Photo247.rar
(216.4 KiB) Downloaded 679 times
trax
Administrator sajta
Administrator sajta

Post by trax »

Hi,

I am trying to recompile the firmware with latest AVR studio and toolchain, but I get a strange error that 135% of program memory is used. I need to figure out what's happening...

Trax