Warm Tube Clock sat v2

Sve vezano za mikrokontrolere

Moderators: stojke369, pedja089, [eDo], trax

Re: Warm Tube Clock sat v2

Postby trax » 13-04-2017, 10:07

Hi,
That is strange. It looks like you didn't solder something properly, or you have damaged your PCB :?
Maybe you did not properly solder the TLC chip? Did you heat it up properly (enough) so that it solders itself to the PCB (the bottom GND pad that is invisible from top)?
trax

Re: Re: Warm Tube Clock sat v2

Postby hetoosten » 13-04-2017, 11:59

@trax the soldering of the tlc chip, using the iron method, did go very well. And I am confident that the chip is mounted well.

I did however made some bad decisions on the Mainboard. I mixed v1 and v2 up and had to desolder some parts. My guess is that I damaged the pcb.

Fortunately I haven't installed the nixies.
hetoosten

Postby trax » 13-04-2017, 12:07

I am very sorry that I don't have the time or opportunity to create assembly manual for v2. :oops:
I thought that people would open up the project files and assemble by looking at the PCB drawing in Eagle. If you want, you could help with this. Maybe you could take pictures of your own assembly process if you are going to startover with the Main Board?
trax

Postby hetoosten » 13-04-2017, 16:31

No problem. The biggest issue was my own impatience. I think a big help will be to add some files to the download:
http://www.elektronika.ba/misc/warmtube_v2_main_assy.pdf
http://www.elektronika.ba/forum/download/file.php?id=4672
Also a brief instruction how to program the Atmel with avrdude, with a cheap usbasp adapter or Arduino (I think the usbasp option is the easiest).

The good part is that I can take pictures of the building process this time. Something I forgot completely the first time. :lol:

If I find the time I will make some short instructions too.

Due to delivery times and vacation, it will take some weeks before I can start the second round
hetoosten

Postby trax » 16-04-2017, 09:23

Hey, that is great news - you can take pictures of your assembly and I can assemble the document with final instructions. I will use the same document structure as in v1 assembly.

Regarding the avrdude - you have more experience with it than me. I never used it :?

Best regards!
trax

Postby hetoosten » 16-04-2017, 09:57

I will be happy to provide you with pictures. And an instruction for Avrdude.

Could you provide me (somewhere in the next few weeks) the following information?

* what is the purpose of the angled 6 pins header on the front side?
* On the mainpage there are 3 ways explained how the RTC chip could be used. For which way is the provided firmware for the Atmel compiled? It explaines that the second method is the easiest/best, but I think the first method is used?
hetoosten

Postby trax » 16-04-2017, 10:10

Great, thanks!

* 6 pin angled header is used for programming the AVR after it has been inserted in the DIP socket in the main-board. I used this for debugging and development of firmware. You don't need it...

* DS3231/2 RTC is used as described in the first method. You need to solder the SMD jumper on the other side of the PCB. It is marked as SQW/INT. Just put some solder on it and that's it :D
trax

Previous

Return to Mikrokontroleri i programatori